Sunday, September 28, 2014

Lady Snowblood sketches

I took a little break from figure studies, but I think it's time to get back into action. Starting off with a little sketching while watching films. The movie Lady Snowblood was a big inspiration on Kill Bill and I hadn't seen it before...I actually expected it to be much more of a b-movie than it was. Really enjoyed it.

Also really started to dig pencil lately, it doesn't lend itself as much to gestural drawing but it's great for more controlled accurate studies. One of the things I'd like to study a bit more is how to use tone to control composition and appeal on a page..so probably will do some studies from black and white films.

Also slipped in an old page of studies I never uploaded..can;t remember what this was from though. Coloring pencil for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment