Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 51

Tried something different today..
did a digital tonal painting using a large paintbrush for as long as possible,
and then go in with a finer brysh to add detail.

1) large oil rough bristol brush for sketch


2) using the same brush I started to place lighter and darker tones


3)I then started to put in midtones and blend some areas


4) Blend in some more and where I started to loose shape I went in with a hard brush to create a solid edge.


5) With a much smaller brush (oil round bristol) I started to paint the face,
and blend some more areas. I then adjusted the levels of the image to get more of a contrast...


This is obviously far from finished, but the aim of this exercise wasn't to get a pretty picture but to try out different things...

No comments:

Post a Comment